Cuisinart perfectemp 14 cup programmable coffee maker. It’s one of our most popular coffee makers today. What I’m going to do is I’m going to give you some tips and tricks on how to keep your coffeemaker working perfectly.
So you get the best tasting coffee possible. So one of the simplest and easiest things to do to maintain the exterior of your coffeemaker it’s just using a microfiber cloth.
You can add a little bit of very light water and a little bit of soap mild (soap just if you have any coffee stains or anything like that) to just clean it, never use anything abrasive on your coffee maker, because you will scratch the finish.
So that’s cleaning the exterior and keeping you know the heating plate here clean also is very important. What I’m going to do now is I’m going to explain to you how it is to decalcify your coffee maker and what can happen over time if you have high mineral water.
High mineral content water will build up some minerals possibly inside and in order to keep it making the best tasting coffee, you need to scale your coffee maker every three to six months depending on how heavy you use it.
- So what I did here is in the carafe I’ve already filled this up with about nine point three cups of water or 2/3 of the way filled and what you’re going to do is fill it the rest of the way up to 14 cups with this white vinegar.
- So we’re just going to fill it up to 14 with the white vinegar. I’m gonna put the lid on and then what we’re gonna do is we’re going to open the lid and you’ll notice that I have the filter holder out.
- You want to make sure you have that out before you actually start cleaning your coffee maker. We’re gonna put that in the reservoir and then what we’re gonna do is we’re gonna put the crap in the coffee maker to close the lid.
- Now what we’re going to do is we’re going to press and hold the clean button and you’ll notice it turned red and now what’s gonna happen? Is it actually going to go through the cleaning cycle?
- So the mixture of vinegar and water is gonna go through the interior of the coffee maker and then what’s gonna happen is when we’re done we’re gonna take another step to clean out the coffee maker and then you’ll be finished.
- So what you’re gonna do is you’re gonna dump this mixture of water and vinegar. Refill your craft completely with cold water you’re going to pour it directly into the water reservoir and then what you’re gonna do is you’re gonna run another cycle just with the clean water in it.
And you’re going to be all set to enjoy tasty coffee every day.