For example, when you are making bacon and eggs, you fry bacon in a frying pan, then you let it cool down and clean it from the grease, then you use this pan for frying eggs or you need to use another frying pan for the eggs.
That’s all not very comfy and you might feel much better if you use a George Foreman grill for frying your bacon. It’s very convenient and fast to do.
Also, there is almost no cleaning to do after the frying process. Due to the top cover during the cooking the grease isn’t splattered over the stove as you have your bacon covered with it. The top cover doesn’t get enough contact with the bacon to get dirty and the grease goes down to the dripping tray. Cooks often deal with the problems of the bacon curling up in the frying pan, but in the grill it wouldn’t happen.
The only thing you should do is giving the bacon a turnover to the other side seven-ten minutes later and then wait for 5 minutes. That’s it! The bacon is ready and perfect and it doesn’t have any curling.
The Foreman grill is definitely worth trying, and you won’t be able to use another way of cooking your tasty bacon after using this grill. The way of cooking bacon pieces in a grill is also healthier as it has got less grease in the pieces left. Here are several videos on Youtube for you to watch and understand dhow it happens:
What Temperature Do You Cook Bacon on a George Foreman Grill?
The usual temp while cooking your bacon makes up around 375 degrees F (it’s medium- high temp) and the way of cooking depends on what you are going to fry on this grill brand.
George Foreman Grill Instructions
When speaking about the bacon, the steps are the following:
- Turn on the Foreman grill and let it get heated for five minutes.
- Don’t forget to put the dripping dish under the grill and then put the bacon pieces on the oven.
- Then, close the top lid ad wait from three to eight minutes to turn the bacon over. The time of waiting before the flip depends on how crispy or rare you are eager to have your bacon on the dish.
- So, then open the top lid and flip the pieces of bacon over. Be careful to avoid popping the hot fat on your hands and arms, wear special mittens or a shirt with long sleeves.
- Then, flip the bacon over, close the lid again and wait for about five minutes, then your bacon is ready and you may serve it. At once you are able to fry from four to eight slices of bacon for you, your family or guests.
George Foreman Grill Recipes
Before jumping to the recipes, let’s speak how to select bacon at any store. When you are walking in a supermarket, you would see the cured bacon in most cases and it means it’s salted with pink, usual or celery salt. Such bacon contains nitrates and they are not good for human health.
So, try to find uncured bacon, but, still, this one also is cured a little and has got nitrates, just not such a big amount of them. If you prefer having fat bacon, choose the pork bacon, when you keep to a diet, choose the turkey bacon, which is leaner.
The types of meat for bacon are multiple and they might be beef bacon, lamb bacon, duck bacon, turkey bacon, pork pieces and even salmon pieces of bacon. Bacon made from duck, salmon or lamb are not so easy to find and you need to look for them in the specialized stores. You already know how to make the pork bacon pieces, so let’s see how to prepare turkey bacon.
Turkey Bacon in a Grill
You will need:
- 1 pound of turkey pieces of bacon
- Olive oil (extra virgin) for grilling
The cooking will take around 15 minutes and it’s served for four people.
- Heat the grill for 5 minutes with the lid closed, get the dripping dish ready under the grill and get the paper towels for the cooked bacon ready.
- Pour oil on the grilling plates and then put the turkey pieces as many as you are able to. Close the top cover and wait for five minutes, flip the pieces over and then wait for ten minutes to have them cooked.
- Take paper towels and put the meat pieces into them, then pour the oil again on the grilling plates and put another set of slices for grilling. Repeat the process.
There is one more interesting recipe for grilling.
Grilled Sugared Bacon
You will need:
- 1 pound of any pieces of bacon
- Half a cup of brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of black pepper (ground).
The cooking will take around 8-10 minutes and it’s served for four people
The steps are almost the same, just before putting the slices on the grilling plates you need:
- Mix pepper with brown sugar in a plate or a bowl, then put the bacon pieces on the paper or foil in a row, spread the mixture on the pieces, then turn them over and spread the mixture again
- Place the pieces of bacon on the grilling plates and cook for seven minutes, then flip them over.
Remember that the grilling marks of the grill will get brown because of the sugar and if you don’t like it, do the frying of the bacon partially and then spread the mixture on them and continue cooking until they are ready for serving. The sugar will get caramelized and you will receive the tasty crust on your pieces of bacon.
How to Clean George Foreman Grill
Watch these videos to find you how to do the cleaning of the excellent George Foreman grills: